artOmat invites artists and creative people to apply for the competition to participate in the exhibition and sales of art, design and craft objects in the sixth artOmat program, which will be held at the Home of Croatian Artists, Square of Victims of Fascism 16 (Trg žrtava fašizma 16), Zagreb, Croatia, from December 16th till December 23rd of 2015.
GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF artOmat
artOmat affirms different aspects of creative expression and evaluates exceptional creativity, artistic skills, original design and innovative solutions. artOmat supports micro-production, which results in unique, one of a kind original products. As a creative platform, artOmat is structured as a dialogue, which brings together different types of creative people and the general public. From its onset artOmat has been connecting various stakeholders of the creative scene, and supporting creative expression from exhibition and sales to participatory art projects and socially conscious initiatives .
1. GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CONTEST
– The contest is opened to all interested stakeholders of the creative scene, whose works are created in limited series and correspond to the general principles of artOmat.
– artOmat (with different categories of creative expression in the visual arts, applied arts, crafts and design) affirms and all forms of micro-production within the creative industries.
– Submitted applications go through a selection process in which the jury evaluates the originality, quality of product, concept, technique, implementation, usability (in the specific creative category), visual communication, price and overall integrity and consistency of the submitted series of works.
– Submitted series of art should be different from the mass range and not in the form of mainstream trends.
– For group registration, along with the individual evaluation of submitted works, we are considering the group cohesion of submitted works.
– The panel of experts (jury) for the group applications can evaluate individual authors and may propose merging a group of authors that have applied individually or separate group of authors which do not all correspond to artOmat guidelines.
– The call for submissions is opened from October 13th till November 6th.
– The results of the contest will be known by November 16th.
Terms and Conditions:
– The authors are obligated to participate throughout the entire duration of artOmat.
Working hours of 6th artOmat:
December 16th, 2015 / Opening 7.00pm – 10.00pm
December 17th – 22nd, 2015 / 11.00am – 9.00pm
December 23rd, 2015 / 11.00am – 11.00pm
– To each author organizers will assign the area for exhibition in the premises of the Home of Croatian Artists by the November 27th.
– All selected presenters, before entering the area, sign the Agreement of collaboration.
2. SELECTION PROCESS
All applications must pass a professional jury selection, after which authors and groups of authors will be informed about the results via e-mail by the November 16th.
The jury of 6th artOmat:
Ivana Andabaka, economist and manager in culture (Croatian Association of Artists)
Ivana Čuljak, fashion designer and fashion theorist (artOmat)
Gaella A. Gottwald, art historian and artist (artOmat)
Ivan Dorotić, chief editor of the web portal Vizkultura.hr
Dora Sapunar, art historian and design lecturer at Parsons The New School for Design, New York
Melinda Šefčić, artist (Croatian Association of Artists)
Lea Vene, curator
3. RENT AND SPATIAL GUIDELINES
The showrooms of artOmat are held in a circular galleries named ‘‘Ring gallery’’ and ‘‘Expanded Media gallery’’. GROUND PLAN.
– SMALL presentation area: 9m² and at least one wall for exposure.
– LARGE presentation area: 10 m² and 2 walls for exposure or 15 m² and 1 wall for exposure (according to the decision of the organizers).
Limitations on the number of authors:
– SMALL presentation area where can be situated a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 authors.
– LARGE presentation area where can be situated a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 5 authors.
– SMALL presentation area = HRK 900,00 (VAT included).
– LARGE presentation area = HRK 1.100,00 (VAT included).
Price is valid for the entire duration of artOmat from 16th till 23rd of December.
Registration fee includes:
– Space rent
– 1 chair
– Promotion on social networks
– The author or the group of authors decorate the space by themselves in the period determined by the organizer (setting: December 15th and 16th; cleaning up: December 24th, until 1.00pm).
– The author or group of authors provide equipment for exposure and a person to retain and/or manage their own sales.
– The authors independently regulate the way and the method of charging their products, in accordance with Croatian legal regulations, about which they should be inform themselves individually
– Items can be stored overnight in the galleries, which is under security protection and lock.
– Currently there is no internet access (Wi-Fi). If that changes, all the selected exhibitors will be informed.
4. APPLYING PROCEDURE:
1. Online application form is located HERE.
2. After submitting the application, it is necessary to send 10 photos of work via e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the subject: »FOR THE CONTEST – 6. artOmat«.
Name and surname of the sender of photos should clearly labeled as should the be done on the online application form.
Note: Photos of works must be in JPEG format, resolution 2400×1600 pixels and all photos must be named with the name and the surname of authors or their brand name.
Complete and submit the application form by the October 31th.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For questions, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com or telephone number +385 (95) 721 7316, Leo Đud, coordinator of the 6th artOmat.